Ethyl Silicate Zinc Rich Primer. A two component, solvent based inorganic ethyl silicate, moisture curing zinc rich preconstruction primer.
As a metallic zinc pigmented primer to provide excellent protection to steel surfaces. For use with a wide range of high-performance system in offshore and onshore environments including oil production platforms, refineries bridges, tanks, pipework and structural steelwork.
Ideal for giving long term protection to steel prior to field topcoating.
Can be used for new construction and as a fast-drying primer, capable of application in a wide range of climatic conditions.
Provides cathodic protection and acts as a sacrificial layer on mild steel, eliminating sub film corrosion.
- Based on ethyl silicate binder; the zinc component is incorporated prior to use, and when applied the mixture reacts with atmospheric moisture, converting to a dense inorganic coating of a Si/Zn/Si matrix, forming a hard corrosion resistant layer which protects the steel in a similar way to galvanizing eliminating sub film corrosion.
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Provides long term corrosion protection to structural steel
- Excellent impact and abrasion resistance, scratches caused by handling damage continue to be protected by the high zinc content in the surrounding film
- High temperature resistance