A new generation, single component, high build waterborne acrylate anti-corrosive primer for metal substrates with a very high degree of flexibility and elongation.
Aqua 1K Metal Primer/Monocoat is formulated to provide very good adhesion to iron, steel, special alloys, galvanized and metallised iron and steel, aluminium, copper, zinc, lead etc. as rust prevention or waterproofing.
If diluted with water can be used as an adhesion primer coat on slightly or non-porous substrates such as glass, smooth bricks, concrete, ceramics, tiles etc.
Primarily formulated as a primer to provide outstanding corrosion protection. Up to 200um dry can be applied per coat, at 200um up to 1,000 hours salt spray resistance can be achieved which is suitable for corrosion protection of steel in C4-L to C5I M environments.
Although formulated as a primer, Aqua 1K Metal Anti-Corrosive Primer has good resistant to UV Degradation and can also be used as a monocoat without the need for a topcoat.
Aqua 1K Metal Anti-Corrosive Primer is highly hydrophobic/resistant to water and will resist impact and rust creep at damaged areas.
- Easy to use one component product that can be brush, roller or spray applied
- Crack and peel resistant
- Resistant to flash rust
- Early water resistance
- Provides very good adhesion for subsequent coats
- Excellent coverage of nuts, bolts and welds
- Primer and topcoat in one
- Will accept most water based, solvent based topcoats
- Protects substrate from corrosion
- Waterproof & Elastomeric – 200%
- Excellent penetration and adhesion to clean, firm rust and weathered galvanized iron