A unique Direct to Metal coating based on two component, high solids, high gloss, polyaspartic (polycarbamide) technology, providing a durable coating for interior & exterior metal surfaces and an increase in productivity.
Polyaspartic DTM 90 has been formulated as a rapid curing, solid pigmented primer/topcoat system on properly prepared steel for decorative and protective applications in moderate to highly corrosive environments with high levels of salinity. Polyaspartic DTM 90 is applied either direct to metal or on top of Inorganic Zinc Primer for corrosion protection in C5-M environments.
When cured, Polyaspartic DTM 90 has excellent colour and UV stability, abrasion, impact and wear resistances, exceptionally high gloss and a smooth finish.
Polyaspartic DTM 90 adheres extremely well to properly prepared, steel, epoxy and Polyaspartic substrates.
The correct application of Polyaspartic DTM 90 results in a reduction of the number of coats of a typical 3 coat Epoxy/Polyurethane system thus resulting in cost and labour savings while combining the benefits of Epoxy and Polyurethane.
Polyaspartic DTM 90 is suitable for applications such as, commercial & industrial facilities, cold storage areas, food processing areas, pulp and paper mills, wind turbines & energy renewal, structural steel, railway industry, marine applications, bridges, refineries and any areas requiring above average chemical, abrasion and corrosion resistance.
- High tensile strength
- UV stable & non-yellowing
- Excellent penetration and adhesion to properly prepared substrates
- 1 Day installation with next day return to service
- Low VOC
- Short re-coat time: 2-3 hours, maximum of 8
- Excellent chemical, graffiti and stain resistance
- Excellent application in hard to coat areas
- Up to 31% improvement in productivity
- Typical thickness
- As a standalone system: 200-250 microns DFT (in one or two coats)
- Applied on Inorganic Zinc at 75 microns DFT (Total 275-325microns)
- Applied using roller, brush or spray application
- Fabricator able to move steel within 2-3 hours
- Provides a “Wet concrete” look and enhances underlying aggregate colours