Clear Polyurethane Sealer. A two component, polyurethane resin, transparent, isolation sealer/primer.
A clear or pigmented low-viscosity, fast drying sanding sealer for solid and veneered timber or Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). PU 1021 Isolation Sealer is designed to seal, sand easily and allow for excellent adhesion of subsequent coats such as reaction lacquers, nitrocellulose lacquers or polyurethane finishes. PU 1021 Isolation sealer has an excellent insulating/isolating effect for use on resinous woods.
It is best suited for closed-pore primer coats on very dark stained woods or for open pore finishing on naturally dark woods when finishing with a matt Multicoat.
PU 1021 Isolation Sealer has good “filling” properties for closed pore clear or pigmented finishing or for use as a thinner coat “isolation sealer” for open pore clear or pigmented finishing.
- Excellent quick sand properties for hand or belt sanding
- Excellent sealing properties on edging and porous boards
- Excellent overcoat ability
- Limits the absorption of subsequent coatings into the wood, minimized shrink back
- Penetrates and “wets” the surface, leaving only a thin film
- Provides improved adhesion for subsequent coats
- Excellent durability in combination with a full polyurethane coating system
- Excellent clarity
- Excellent anti-blocking properties
- Excellent as an isolation sealer on exotic woods
- Lubricated clog free sanding