PU DTM HB Satin
Polyurethane Primer/Finish. A two pack, high build, acrylic polyurethane primer/finish, containing zinc phosphate anti-corrosive pigmentation, highly adhesion promoted and formulated with UV stabilizers.
PU DTM HB Satin provides and exceptionally smooth to the touch feel and silky satin appearance. It provides excellent UV resistance and colour stability in external weathering conditions, and performs exceptionally well in humid environments.
Pigmented with Zinc Phosphate to provide passive corrosion for direct to metal applications. PU DTM HB Satin can be applied directly to mild steel, galvanized steel, aluminium and stainless steel.
PU DTM HB is a highly thixotropic polyurethane coating allowing for coating build up on vertical substrates without sagging.
Used unthinned by skilled applicator PU DTM HB can be used to create a structured spatter finish to hide surface imperfections and provide a decorative effect.
Used in the following areas of application:
- Structural steel
- Agricultural, Earthmoving and Construction equipment
- General plant and equipment
- Roof coatings
- Wall coatings
- Metal furniture and framework
Particularly designed for use in areas where a semi matt finish is preferred. Ideal for use in highly corrosive environments. Provides versatility where overcoating of intermediates in one coat is not possible using conventional high gloss polyurethane finishes.
Properties & Characteristics
- Excellent anti-corrosive properties as a standalone product or in combination with epoxy primers
- Tough and durable
- Excellent colour and gloss retention
- Excellent resistance to UV light and atmospheric exposure
- Non-chalking & non-yellowing
- Excellent flexibility and durability
- Over-coatable after atmospheric exposure
- Resistant to mild chemicals, salt water, mineral and vegetable oils, paraffin’s, aliphatic solvent, dilute industrial chemicals & aqueous solutions