PlastiLine® MMA Cold Plastic Screed
PlastiLine® MMA Screed is a solvent free, rapid curing, 2 component methacrylate resin with a combination of fillers, anti-skid aggregates and glass beads for reflectivity. It is applied between 1.5-3 mm thickness by means of trowel or draw box, extrusion or hand push machines.
PlastiLine® MMA Screed is applied in layers of 1.5-3 mm primarily on asphalt road surfaces either by using hand or automatically driven cold plastic machines.
The thickness depends on the mechanical load and on the evenness of the surfaces. It is important to ensure a sufficient minimum thickness, especially in the case of heavy traffic load.
When used on concrete road surfaces, the concrete has to be pre-treated (e.g. milling, shot blasting, high-pressure water blasting etc. and PlastiLine® MMA Primer applied. The then ready to use PlastiLine® MMA Cold Plastic Screed is mixed with PlastiLine® MMA BP 50 Powder and applied directly onto the surface using the trowel, rake or drawbox.
PlastiLine® MMA Cold Plastic Screed is also suitable for safety or structured road markings.
Properties & Characteristics
- Heating not required
- Hardening of about 30 minutes at 25°C (irrespective of thickness)
- Excellent obliteration / hiding power, high luminance
- High reflectivity / luminance factor with glass beads added
- High sag resistance allows for excellent build and coverage on new asphalt
- Excellent resistance to bleeding on bitumen substrates
- Excellent alkali resistance on concrete surfaces
- Resistant to weathering
- Excellent adhesion to asphalt (some concrete surfaces will require priming)
- Excellent abrasion resistance and low dirt retention
- Hydrophobic surface with self-cleaning properties
PlastiLine® MMA Cold Plastic markings are very abrasion resistant. With traffic under 10,000 vehicles per day, the average abrasion is approximately 0.2 – 0.3 mm per year.