Epoxy Multi Prime
Solvent based zinc phosphate epoxy primer. A two component, high build, polyamide cured, zinc phosphate pigmented, re-coatable epoxy primer.
Epoxy Multi Prime is a general-purpose high build epoxy primer for steel and concrete surfaces. It provides excellent adhesion to steel, galvanized steel, and aged epoxy surfaces.
Epoxy Multi Prime has excellent corrosion protection properties in new construction and as an industrial maintenance primer in industrial and coastal atmospheres such as chemical, petrochemical, pulp and paper and structural steel fabrication.
The fast drying and handling properties together with extended overcoat ability make this an excellent primer for factory application prior to full coating system application on site. Epoxy Multi Prime has good abrasion resistance to help resist mechanical damage during transportation.
Properties & Characteristics
- Contains Zinc Phosphate to provide corrosion protection.
- Good adhesion to multiple substrates such as steel, cast iron, galvanized steel, aluminium, GRP, stainless steel, and aged epoxies.
- Can be over coated with various topcoat systems after extended* exposure.
- Tough and flexible.
- Cures at temperature down to +5°C.
- Can be used as an epoxy primer/finish in dry areas.