Hot water side boiler coating 370°C. Apexior 1 is a single component, solvent-based, air-drying organic type coating. It is easy to apply and is specifically formulated for the hot water-side corrosion prevention of metal surfaces.
Apexior 1 is a coating that excels in severe thermal cyclic immersion service and is resistant to continuous immersion in boiling water and steam from 100°C to 370°C.
It aids in the reduction and prevention of tight bonding of hard scale and allows for easy cleaning and removal of any scale build up in steam generating equipment.
Apexior 1 prevents pitting corrosion and stops corrosion that has already begun - except for badly pitted areas. It has outstanding wetting properties and adheres well to power tooled cleaned areas.
Equipment coated with Apexior 1 will also see an increase in heat transfer efficiency. Apexior 1 performs ideally with water treatment in steam generating equipment.
Apexior 1 Protects Hot Water Surfaces Of:
- Steam generating equipment.
- Hot condensate return tanks.
- Hot process tanks.
- Autoclaves, sterilizing equipment.
- Heat recovery system.
- Mud and steam drums.
- Steam traps.
Not Recommended For:
- Hot water tank service with average operating temperature below 90°C unless heat cured.
- Immersion in solvents or acids.
- Interior boilers held for long periods in cold wet layup or standby service.
Properties & Characteristics
- Air dries, easy to apply.
- Excellent wettability properties.
- Easily re-coatable.
- Resistant to boiling water/steam to 370ºC.
- Increases heat transfer efficiency.
- Outstanding resistance to thermal shock (immersion).
- Inert to water treatment chemicals.
- Prevents corrosion in standby service.
- Prevents scale build up.
- Surface tolerant features – requires minimal preparation.